The Listening Centre (TLC) is an Oxford-based registered charity that has been offering affordable counselling in Oxfordshire since 1993.
We offer an opportunity for trainee counsellors and psychotherapists to work with individual clients on a time-limited basis while completing their training and working towards qualification.
Our counsellors often join us with limited practical experience of counselling and by the time they leave us they are often fully-fledged practitioners capable of working in private practice. We aim to maintain long-term links with practitioners after they have left the organisation.
TLC does not have an office. It operates as a virtual organisation, with all day-to-day communications done by email, phone, teleconference etc.
We are committed to ensuring that no one is discriminated against on the grounds of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability.
We are funded entirely by donations, grants and client fees.
Responsible for working closely with the Chair of the Trustees to develop and implement a plan to increase the number of clients the charity sees.
Key activities and responsibilities
- Produce and distribute posters and leaflets to GP surgeries and relevant public buildings in Oxford
- Maintain and develop the website including updating content, developing functionality and improving search engine optimisation
- Raise the profile of TLC through PR and publicity activities
- Ensure that we are represented at relevant events and organise our presence there, e.g. at Cowley Road Carnival, Florence Park Flofest etc.
- Develop new ideas for promoting the organisation
- Mature and self-reliant
- Self-motivated and able to work solo in a virtual organisation
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Desire to give time to a worthwhile cause that is close to their heart
- At least three years’ experience of doing marketing in a professional capacity
- Personal experience of the positive benefits of seeing a counsellor or therapist
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experienced of working in marketing environment
- Good knowledge of a broad range of communication tools, approaches and media including social media
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Experience of WordPress
Hours and remuneration
Approximately 10 hours per month. This is an unpaid voluntary position. All reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Julian Sharples, Chair of the Trustees.
Closing date 28 February 2020.